Dr. Morris Leis, superintendent of Coffee County schools, was the speaker at the Douglas Kiwanis Club meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017, at the Flyin’ Cowboy restaurant. He spoke about developing a Strategic Plan for Coffee County schools for the years 2018-2023 and he covered the positive educational accomplishments and the numerous facility improvements that were made over the last five years.
The Kiwanis club members enjoyed and appreciated his presentation.
- Grand Jury hands down over 30 indictments
- Convicted drug dealer back in jail for same offense
- Community Foundation scholarship applications available, deadline is March 15
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas