Dr. Morris Leis, superintendent of Coffee County schools, was the speaker at the Douglas Kiwanis Club meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017, at the Flyin’ Cowboy restaurant. He spoke about developing a Strategic Plan for Coffee County schools for the years 2018-2023 and he covered the positive educational accomplishments and the numerous facility improvements that were made over the last five years.
The Kiwanis club members enjoyed and appreciated his presentation.
- Clark pleads guilty to aggravated assault, will serve one year in jail
- Jury convicts James Burch on two counts of aggravated assault, could face 40 years in prison
- City prepares for Hurricane Ian
- Burch to stand trial Tuesday on aggravated assault charge
- Raffensperger to replace Coffee County election equipment, end distraction for local election officials