Don’t leave tax credits on the table!
Have you invested in retraining your current employees on newly installed equipment: retraining of current employees on newly implemented technology, such as computer platforms, software implementation and upgrades, Total Quality Management, ISO 9000, or self-directed work teams? If so, you are most likely eligible for Retraining Tax Credits. All businesses can qualify!
The Georgia Retraining Tax Credit provides tax credits according to the Georgia Business Expansion and Support Act of 1994. Eligible businesses may be granted tax credits equal to 50 percent of the direct cost of training (up to $500 per full-time employee per year).
The Technical College System of Georgia, as authorized by law, sets standards to approve retraining programs. Reimbursement through this program is retroactive. Join us for lunch on Wednesday, May 3, as Lidell Greenway, Vice-President of Economic Development for Wiregrass Georgia Technical College, shares information on how to apply for these credits.
Lunch will be held from 12-1pm at The Atrium Event Center in downtown Douglas and is sponsored by the Douglas-Coffee County Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Authority and Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. Contact the Chamber at (912) 384-1873 to register.
- RW Griffin receives Industry Partner of the Year, Liddell Greenway accepts Jackie Wilson Women in Leadership Award at annual Chamber event
- Eggs & Issues set for Thursday morning
- Douglas-Coffee County Chamber, EDA Name Matt Seale CEO
- Christmas parade is this weekend, here are the rules
- Visit Douglas-Coffee County announces Gopher Tortoise Festival poster contest