Rotary Club remembers Earl Brice with Camp 151 donation
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in Community
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
At last Thursday’s meeting of the Douglas Rotary Club, the club presented a check for $1,500 to Camp 151 in memory of long-time Rotarian Earl Brice. Members of Mr. Brice’s family were at the meeting to accept the check.
Chris Calhoun, Mr. Brice’s son-in-law, heads Camp 151, which is a Christian organization that conducts building projects for needy families in Coffee County. At the camps, which last a week, youth from Coffee and surrounding areas, repair and renovate homes throughout the community. The camps provide opportunities for youth to strengthen their relationship with Christ while showing others His love through their service.
Mr. Brice, who served Coffee County for many years as a county commissioner, passed away earlier this year after an extended illness.
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- Rev. Charles Warnock, minister, pilot, World War II hero, passes at age 103
- Trojans take first at For Coffee meet, Kate Merritt sets another school record