The Keep Douglas Beautiful Committee is gearing up for a beautification project at Jackie Allen Park. On Saturday, October 22, 2022, from 9:30 am-noon, volunteers will be sprucing up the Jackie Allen Park, a neighborhood park located on Roper Street.
“We are really excited about this beautification project as a Keep America Beautiful Affiliate,” says Dinitra Williams, KDB President. “This project is a part of our Yearly Work Plan for 2022. Be on the lookout for another project coming up in January.”
Plans are to pressure wash the building, re-paint areas of the building, clean up in the park, and planting 1-3 fruit trees for the community. Volunteers are needed. This is a great opportunity for clubs, organizations, churches, businesses, and individuals to roll up their sleeves and earn community service hours by making Douglas beautiful one park at a time. For more information, please call Christian Burkett at (912)383-0277 or Dinitra Williams at (912)331-9398.
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Convicted felon back in jail on firearm possession charges
- City to hold 12 open house dates for World War II barracks
- 37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept