This week is Public Power Week
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Douglas Utilities is celebrating Public Power Week, Oct. 2-8, along with more than 2,000 other community-powered, not-for-profit electric utilities that collectively provide electricity to 49 million Americans.
“Since we operate right here in Douglas and serve our friends and neighbors, we care a great deal about things like customer service, helping folks save energy and money, and keeping the community safe,” said Mike Hudson, Douglas Utilities Director. “We are proud of the work we do in these areas.”
The City of Douglas’ electrical distribution system consists of 132.15 miles of high voltage primary line. The Douglas Utilities Department – Electric Division has 11 employees that continue to serve over 6,200 residential customers, commercial and industrial customers, and maintain over 5,260 street and security lights.
Douglas Utilities invites community members to say “Thank You” to the men and women who work in the Douglas Utilities Department and who go out in all types of weather to make sure the lights stay on in Douglas.
- Veterans, citizens observe Memorial Day at courthouse ceremony
- An era ends: Elmo's Bait and Tackle closes
- Man hanging out at convenience store allegedly attempts to toss bag of meth, arrested
- Coffee County election security breach: An open letter to Coffee County voters
- Brunel recognized at LaGrange College commencement