Parks and Recreation Appreciation Day will be held on Thursday, July 14, 2022, from 11 AM-2 PM at the CE Weir Center, located at 307 E. Bryan Street beginning with a Parade of Champions. The Parade of Champions will feature the 2021-2022 GRPA State Champions that have participated with the Recreation Department this year. Line-up will begin at 10:00 AM at the Premier Sports Athletic Complex. The parade will leave the sports complex at 10:30 AM to travel to the CE Weir Center (307 E. Bryan Street). Volunteer coaches, participants, parents, and sponsors of 2021-2022 State Champion teams are invited to participate in the parade.
“Parks and Recreation Month is July and our recreation department wants to say THANK YOU to all involved with recreation and special programs throughout the year and especially our players who worked hard and won state this past year,” says Parks and Recreation Director, Stevie Young. “This appreciation day is a way to show everyone that we value all the great things they do for our community and our programs.”
Parks and Recreation Appreciation Day at the Weir Center will feature free food, free drinks, DJ & music, waterslides, and more. Special thanks to Walmart DC 6010 and Coca-Cola United for being our community partners for the event. For more information, please contact the Douglas Parks and Recreation Department at 912-384-5978.
- Grand Jury hands down over 30 indictments
- Convicted drug dealer back in jail for same offense
- Community Foundation scholarship applications available, deadline is March 15
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas