The Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association (GCAA) has announced additional postseason honors for four members of South Georgia State College’s men’s basketball team.
Malik Allen of Hazlehurst, Ga., Jesse Harbin of Flowery Branch, Ga., and Zae Wiggins of Monticello, Fla., were each named to the GCAA’s All-Academic Team. GCAA student athletes must attend college full-time for at least three semesters and maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average to qualify for the recognition.
AJ Spencer of Shiloh, Ga., was selected to the GCAA All-Tournament Team. Spencer averaged 15.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks in the tournament quarterfinals and semifinals.
The Hawks (23-9, 11-5) entered the GCAA Tournament as the third seed and defeated Central Georgia Tech at home in the quarterfinals. SGSC lost to No. 2 seed South Georgia Tech in the semifinals Friday, March 4 in Rome, Ga. South Georgia Tech defeated Georgia Highlands March 5 to capture the tournament championship and an automatic berth in the NJCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament.
- SGSC graduates first cohort in Long-Term Healthcare Management bachelor’s program
- SGSC Foundation hosts its 2022 Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Nine Hawks selected All-Conference, Coach Timothy named GCAA Coach of the Year
- South Georgia State College announces 2022 Commencement Ceremonies
- SGSC students honored for academic achievement