Hawks win third straight conference game
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The South Georgia State College Hawks won their third consecutive conference game Saturday afternoon, defeating the Southern Crescent Tech Tigers 82-53.
Jayce Moore led the Hawks (17-5, 6-2) with 23 points, 12 rebounds, six assists, and four steals. AJ Spencer finished with 15 points, six assists, and five steals. Zae Wiggins had 13 points, while Nick Jiles finished with 11 points.
SGSC held Southern Crescent Tech to 31.5 percent shooting for the game and 12.5 percent shooting from the three-point line. The Hawks forced a total of 23 turnovers, which included 21 steals.
The Hawks are currently in second place in the GCAA standings behind Georgia Highlands with eight regular season games remaining.
SGSC returns to Waycross Wednesday, Feb. 2 to play South Georgia Tech at 7 p.m. General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- SGSC falls to Monroe College in first round of NJCAA Tournament
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- Rev. Charles Warnock, minister, pilot, World War II hero, passes at age 103