The South Georgia State College Hawks won their fifth consecutive game Thursday night, cruising to a 125-66 win over the junior varsity team from Edward Waters College.
The Hawks (5-0) once again utilized balanced scoring and a stingy defense, forcing a total of 34 turnovers and holding Edward Waters to 35 percent shooting.
Jalen King led all scorers with 22 points and 11 rebounds. Jayce Moore had 16 points and 10 assists. Bryce Brown and Turahn Thompson each finished with 15 points. Alex Johnson had 13 points, and Jordan Coffee rounded out the top scorers with 11 points.
The Hawks were perfect from the free throw line in the first half (11-for-11) and finished the game shooting 83 percent.
SGSC finishes its non-conference schedule this Saturday in Waycross against Combine Academy. Saturday’s game tips at 4 p.m. The Hawks will open conference play Feb. 9 at East Georgia State in Swainsboro.
SGSC’s regular season schedule was shortened to 22 games due to the COVID-19 pandemic. General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free. Limited tickets will be sold for each home game in Douglas and Waycross to accommodate social distancing, and face coverings are required at each site. No game or season passes are available for the 2021 season.
- City to hold public hearing on possible Revitalization Area Strategy designation
- Georgia Initiative for Community Housing recognizes City of Douglas
- DCA presents city with $400,000 grant
- Trinity School of Medicine, SGSC partner to provide a path to medical school
- South Florida deputies arrest federal fugitive from Coffee County