The No. 25 South Georgia State College Hawks finished their non-conference schedule Monday night with a 94-78 win over Summer Hill Post Graduate Academy. It was the fifth consecutive win for the Hawks (13-1).
SGSC broke the game open early, building an 11-0 lead in the first three minutes. The Hawks took a 49-34 lead into the locker room at halftime only to see that lead shrink to six points more than once in the second half.
Summer Hill hit 14 three-pointers (54 percent) over the course of the game and shot 80 percent from the free throw line. Not to be outdone, the Hawks shot 55 percent from the field and also hit 80 percent of their free throws.
The Hawks were led by Will Ferguson’s complete game of 22 points, five rebounds, three assists, and three blocked shots. Tafari Thomas had 18 points, nine rebounds, six assists, and two steals. Marquise Jackson rounded out the top scorers with 13 points and four rebounds.
The Hawks now shift their focus to their GCAA conference schedule, which begins Thursday in Waycross against Gordon State. Tip for the game is set for 7 p.m. The Hawks currently have the best non-conference record of the nine GCAA teams.
General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- South Georgia State College Fall classes begin August 17
- Dr. Tracy McClelland overcomes the odds, chronicles her journey in new book
- SGSC offers new certificate at VSU Entry Program
- SGSC to require face coverings on campus beginning July 15
- South Georgia State College is planning for in-person instruction this fall