The South Georgia State College Hawks rolled to their second win of the season Wednesday night, defeating the Preeminence Academy Cobras 101-44 on SGSC’s Douglas Campus.
Bryce Brown and Daniel Parrish led the Hawks (2-0) with 15 points, and Will Ferguson finished with 13 points. Jayce Moore rounded out the top scorers with 12 points.
“Tonight was good for our guys,” said head coach Cory Baldwin. “We were able to work on a lot of stuff and play a lot of people.”
The game also included the introduction of a redesigned Hawk mascot that will make appearances at SGSC athletics events and other events on the Douglas and Waycross Campuses. “The excitement around the new mascot definitely gave the game a true college feel, which was a big plus,” Baldwin said.
The Hawks return to the Waycross Campus Saturday, Nov. 9 at 4 p.m. against Action Sports Academy. General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- SGSC generates $68 million in local economic impact
- SGSC announces its reopening plan for the Spring 2021 semester
- Satilla Marine Bass Classic scheduled for Oct. 3 to benefit SGSC basketball program
- SGSC to offer new bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- South Georgia State College awards record number of degrees in 2020