Ace Harris, 7, has a state championship on his resume.
He won the 2019 Georgia State Invitational at Callaway Gardens over the weekend with an even par 72. He fired a one-under 35 on day one and followed that with a one-over 37 on day two. His score of 72 bested the field by six strokes. Ace was also the only golfer in his division to break par. He was also the only golfer from South Georgia in his age group.
Ace’s home course is the Douglas Golf and Country Club. His father, Jason Harris, serves as his caddy. He is the son of Jason and Brandi Harris of Douglas.
- Officers, firefighters battle storm to preserve American flag
- Douglas man arrested after allegedly stabbing girlfriend during argument
- DPD officers investigate Juanita Street homicide
- April McDuffie named Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
- CSX to close several rail crossings for maintenance