Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill is in trouble after all.
Just a day after the Johnson County (Kansas) District Attorney’s Office announced that it would not file charges against Hill following a battery investigation involving Hill’s small child, KCTV5 in Kansas City released a recording of a conversation allegedly between Hill and his fiancée (and the child’s mother) Crystal Espinal. In the conversation, Hill makes threatening comments towards Espinal.
Following the DA’s announcement that no charges would be filed against Hill, the Chiefs organization seemed to be behind Hill. The All Pro wide receiver had been participating in voluntary workouts. Head coach Andy Reid had stated that he wasn’t there to judge any of his players but simply to coach.
Then KCTV5 released the audio.
On the recording, Hill and Espinal are discussing in detail the incident that led to the criminal investigation. Espinal can be heard saying that the child is afraid of Hill. “You need to be terrified of me, too, bitch,” Hill can be heard saying on the recording. Espinal also states that the child says “Daddy punches me.”
An ESPN.com report published Friday morning states that the Chiefs have banned Hill from team facilities until the matter is resolved.
It isn’t clear if the district attorney’s office knew about this conversation during its initial investigation. What is clear is that this matter isn’t over for Hill. It’s not good and could be very problematic for Hill moving forward.
- Johnson County DA: No charges against Tyreek Hill
- Cops investigate Tyreek Hill for battery, no charges filed
- Rams topple Chiefs 54-51 in highest scoring game of the year, Tyreek Hill finishes with pair of touchdowns
- Tyreek Hill scores twice against Cardinals, thrills fans with TD celebration
- Tyreek Hill helps spark second-half comeback, gets doused with beer by a New England fan