Hollynn Lott and Laykin Brown of the Coffee Lady Trojans softball team have signed scholarships to continue their careers at the next level. Lott is headed to Georgia State University while Brown will play for Thomas University.
Lott hit .447 with 11 home runs, 44 RBI, and 12 doubles. She also scored 34 runs, had 32 walks, and just six strikeouts in 32 games. Lott was also named Region 1-6A Player of the Year.
Brown went 12-6 with a 2.28 ERA while also hitting .380 with 24 RBI. Her performance this season earned her a spot on the All-Region team.
“These are two of the hardest working athletes I’ve coached in my career. They have great leadership skills and the ability to motivate their teammates. It’s like having coaches on the field at all times. They were instrumental in helping us break the Coffee High record with 23 team wins,” said Coffee High head coach Stan Hughes.
- Coffee High's Cathy Latham selected 2019 Georgia Economics Teacher of the Year
- CHS students qualify for state at FBLA competition
- DAR names good citizens from CHS, CCA
- School board names Performing Arts Center after Clayton Mathis, John Maley
- Longhorns stop Trojans' running attack, end Coffee's season in quarterfinals