CHS softball team recognizes All Stars, also to honor childhood cancer victims
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The Coffee High Lady Trojans softball team recently recognized two teams from the Douglas-Coffee County Recreation Department for their performance this past season.
Prior to the home game against Tift County, the 7-8 girls, coached by Katie Smeltzer, were honored for placing second in the district and fourth in the state tournament. Additionally, the 9-10 girls, coached by Andy Thomas, were district champions and finished third in the state tournament.
“The future of the Coffee Softball Program is bright,” stated Coach Stan Hughes from the Lady Trojans. “These girls and their coaches are to be commended for their success.”
The Lady Trojans also will honor those affected by childhood cancer in the Coffee County area prior to the home game on September 20 against Northside-Warner Robins.
The Lady Trojans will wear gold, the official color for childhood cancer awareness and take part in a pre-game ceremony with those children living with and having survived the dreaded disease. Members of the Coffee County Childhood Cancer Awareness group will also be in attendance.
The Lady Trojans encourage everyone to come out and not only support the team but the Childhood Cancer Awareness recognition. The event will be held at Faircloth Field beginning at 5:30 PM.
- American Legion Post 515 welcomes national, state officials to Douglas for 75th anniversary celebration
- Precious Possessions presents Childhood Cancer Awareness Group with donation during Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- Lady Trojans wrap season, finish with 19-11 record
- Lady Trojans finish region tournament, head to Jones County for state playoffs
- Lady Trojans wrap regular season, split on day one of region tournament