SGSC Hawks basketball winning streak continues
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The South Georgia State College Hawks outscored the Albany Tech Titans 40-25 in the second half Tuesday night to win 75-57 and remain undefeated in conference play. It was the ninth consecutive win for SGSC (14-3, 3-0 GCAA).
The Hawks held Albany Tech to 36 percent shooting from the field, 27 percent from the three-point line, and 69 percent from the free throw line. The Hawks made 51 percent of their field goals and were 6-for-14 from the three-point line (43 percent).
Four Hawks finished in double figures to lead SGSC in scoring. Carlos Hart had 15 points, 12 rebounds, and 10 assists, while Justin Edmondson and Zae Wiggins each finished with 14 points. Keith Lamar had 13 points and 12 rebounds.
The Hawks travel to Macon Thursday to play Central Georgia Tech at 7:30 p.m. The next Waycross Campus home game will be Wednesday, Jan. 25 against Georgia Highlands. The game will tip at 6 p.m., which is one hour earlier than the typical start time.
General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- Valdosta police investigating accidental double shooting, at least one victim from Douglas
- Two Hawks combine for no-hitter in 6-0 win over Andrew College
- Sidewalk clash on Peterson Avenue sends two to jail, one to the hospital
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud