A $100,000 reward is offered for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the fire at Shann Peanut Company.
The fire occurred around 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 13, 2021, and caused heavy damage to the 30-year-old, 4,000- square-foot structure. Crews with the Coffee County Fire Department fought the fire all day, but the double roof on the wood framed structure hindered firefighting efforts.
Following the fire, Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner John King stated that his investigators found evidence that the fire had been intentionally set.
Anyone with information about this fire should call the Fire Investigations Unit at 1-800-282-5804.
- Douglas man arrested for allegedly falsely reporting that people were trying to kill him and meth possession
- Precious Possessions presents Childhood Cancer Awareness Group with donation during Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- School system police officer arrested, charged for allegedly breaking into cars
- Grand jury indicts man accused of murdering stepfather
- Bond hearings held in Coffee County, several released due to not being indicted within 90 days