Jerome Arnold, Jr., of Douglas, has been arrested and charged with felony murder, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, related to the shooting death of Radderian “Rae Rae” D. Barnes, according to a statement posted on the Douglas Police Department's Facebook page.
On January 13, 2022 Douglas Police were dispatched to a shooting on Juanita St. in Douglas. Upon arrival officers located Mr. Barnes suffering from gunshot wounds. He later succumbed to his injuries. On March 8, 2022 Douglas Police Department’s Criminal Investigations Unit, with the assistance of the U.S. Marshals were able to locate and arrest Arnold. He is currently being held at the Coffee County Detention Center.
The investigation is on-going and other arrest(s) are expected.
Anyone with information related to the murder is encouraged to contact the Douglas Police Department’s Criminal Investigations Unit at 912-384-2222, via Facebook Messenger, or you may call the Anonymous Tip Line at 912-260-3600.
- Grand Jury hands down over 30 indictments
- Convicted drug dealer back in jail for same offense
- Community Foundation scholarship applications available, deadline is March 15
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas