Two bodies, believed to be that of Bud and June Runion, who traveled from Marietta to McRae to look at a 1966 Ford Mustang they saw advertised on Craigslist, have been found near Jacksonville, Ga., in a wooded area. According to a report from WALB, the bodies were discovered near a submerged vehicle that matched the description of the one the Runions were driving at the time of their disappearance. The bodies, however, were not in water.
Earlier today, Ronnie “Jay” Towns, 28, a suspect wanted in connection with the case, turned himself in to authorities. Towns was wanted on charges of criminal attempt to commit theft by deception and giving false statements to police. He was the last person known to have had contact with the Runions. After Towns turned himself in, authorities focused the search for the couple near Jacksonville, Ga., in southern Telfair County. Shortly after 5 p.m. Monday, they announced that two bodies had been found.
At the time of this report, Towns had not been charged in the Runions’ deaths.
- Feds sentence Telfair County drug trafficker with ties to Coffee
- Federal jury convicts Telfair County man in drug trafficking case, sentenced to life
- Telfair officers arrest alleged drug trafficker in Lumber City
- Supreme Court tosses Towns's murder indictment, Telfair sheriff expects him to re-indicted
- Telfair, Coffee authorities search for West Green resident who allegedly vandalized a police car
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans fall 56-28 to Cartersville Purple Hurricanes, finish with 10-3 record
- Trojans take down Decatur Bulldogs 51-23 in second round
- Trojans break the Mustangs 34-6 in first round, head to Decatur next week
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation
- Tyreek Hill: From Jardine Stadium on Friday to the record books on Sunday