Thursday night, Rodderian “Rae Rae” D. Barnes, 27, of Douglas lost his life after being assaulted at his residence on Juanita Street, according to the Douglas Police Department.
Barnes was transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center for treatment. From there, he was transferred to a trauma center via Air Evac helicopter for further treatment. Barnes succumbed to his injuries after being transferred.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Georgia lawmakers aim to take a bite out of retail sales of Delta-8 THC products statewide
- Samina Patel, junior at Georgia Tech, named one of 47 Brooke Owens Fellows
- Georgia GOP lawmaker pushes bill to protect ‘vital and precious’ Okefenokee from new mining proposals
- Alleged car thief leads officers on chase through Bacon, Coffee counties
- Douglas woman back in jail after allegedly failing to meet conditions of bond