Contractors working with CSX railroad have released tentative closure dates for crossings in Douglas. Five to seven teams will be working on railroad maintenance beginning January 24, 2022 and due to the magnitude of the job, closures may change at any given time.
Anticipated and tentative closures dates are below and could mean that crossings will be closed days prior to or days after the dates:
Chaney Rd. (Mar. 2), Salem Church Rd. (Mar. 2), Barrington Rd. (Mar. 2), Shirley Ave. (Mar. 2), S. Daughtry (Mar. 2), S. College Ave. (Mar. 2), S. Manilla Ave. (Mar. 2), S. Pearl Ave. (Mar. 2), S. McDonald Ave. (Mar. 3), Victor Bray Lane (Mar. 3), Wendell Sears Rd. (Mar. 3), Willie Anderson Rd. (Mar. 3).
On these dates, motorist should allow more drive time to reach destinations. The City of Douglas will release the information as it is released.
- Bowen, Merson receive additional charges in alleged heroin operation
- Young to stand trial Wednesday on possession of firearms charge
- Operation Quality-of-Life discovers numerous violations in city
- Wiregrass announces President's, Dean's lists
- Reed's Snack & Shack takes 1st in Barbecue News Magazine's 2022 Sauces of Honor contest