Booster doses of the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccines are now available at Southeast Health District health department sites. The criteria to receive a booster dose of either the Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson vaccine are available below. These boosters are in addition to previously approved booster doses of Pfizer vaccine.
For individuals who received a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID vaccine, the following groups are eligible for a booster shot at 6 months or more after their initial 2-dose series:
- 65 years and older
- Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions • Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings
For people who received the Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine, booster shots are also recommended for those who are 18 and older and who were vaccinated two or more months ago. Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose. Some people may have a preference for the vaccine type that they originally received, and others may prefer to get a different booster. Recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now allow for this type of mix and match dosing for booster shots.
For your greatest convenience, make an appointment for your preferred date and time as it will greatly expedite your vaccination experience. However, walk-ins are welcome as well, though you may experience longer wait times. Whether you call or drop by any of our Southeast Health District sites, we hope that you get vaccinated against COVID and flu. Schedule your appointment by calling 1-855-473-4374
Latest from Submitted
- Wiregrass RN students receive their pins
- Convicted Iraqi firearms smuggler sentenced to nearly eight years in federal prison
- Man allegedly throws footballs containing drugs, other contraband over fence at ICDC
- Wiregrass team earns National SkillsUSA Competition medals
- Best-selling author speaks to Coffee County teachers at Convocation