On Sunday, October 17, 2021, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office to assist with a death investigation.
On Sunday, October 17, 2021, at approximately 11:30 p.m., the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area of Hwy. 158, Douglas, Coffee County, Georgia, in reference to a report of a shooting. Upon arrival, deputies found Joshua Lee Williams, 35, of Lacanto, FL, deceased from apparent gunshot wounds. As a result of investigative acts conducted by Agents and Coffee County Investigators, it was determined that Williams had an altercation with Nicholas Vickers, 33, of Douglas that resulted in Williams being shot. Williams body was transported to the GBI Medical Examiner’s Office in Pooler for autopsy. No charges have been filed at this time.
The investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227 or the GBI Region 4 Office at (912) 389-4103. Tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS (8477), https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online, or by downloading the See Something, Send Something mobile app.
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- 32-year-old allegedly forces way into a home, says he kills everybody, then sits down and has a meal
- Man charged for allegedly stabbing 17-year-old during dispute at home
- Trial recap: Jury finds Justin Anderson innocent of murder, guilty of tampering with evidence and making false statements