Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner John F. King announced today that a fire that occurred at the offices of Shann Peanut Company on Bowens Mill Road in Ambrose was intentionally set.
The fire occurred around 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 13, and caused heavy damage to the 30-year-old, 4,000- square-foot structure. Crews with the Coffee County Fire Department fought the fire all day, but the double roof on the wood framed structure hindered firefighting efforts.
“Investigators with my office examined the scene on Monday and found evidence of an intentionally set fire originating in the attic area,” said Commissioner King. “This fire remains under investigation. Anyone with information about this fire should call my Fire Investigations Unit at 1-800-282-5804.”
Commissioner King’s Fire Investigations Division is assisting the Coffee County Fire Department with this investigation.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Video: Tyreek Hill lights up social media with Pearson Community Technical College reference
- Douglas police investigating non-fatal shooting on Shirley Avenue
- Walmart releases statement regarding aisle closures
- Chiefs waive Miller as pre-season comes to a close
- County sells old Douglas Asphalt building, renames portion of Elmer Grantham Road