A convicted sex offender who was on probation for child molestation is headed back to prison for admitting to having sex with a pig.
Scarber Jonal Smith of Wray pled guilty to child molestation in 2014 for an incident that occurred the previous year. He was sentenced to 20 years, seven of which he would serve in state prison. He would finish the remainder of his sentence on probation.
Smith had been released from prison and during a meeting with his probation officer, the officer discovered that he had violated the terms of his probation during a polygraph test. Smith admitted to committing the act of bestiality; specifically, having sex with a pig sometime between the dates of Oct. 18, 2020 and April 6, 2021.
Smith appeared in court on Wednesday, May 19, 2021, where his probation was revoked and he was sentenced to five years in state prison.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans fall 56-28 to Cartersville Purple Hurricanes, finish with 10-3 record
- Trojans take down Decatur Bulldogs 51-23 in second round
- Trojans break the Mustangs 34-6 in first round, head to Decatur next week
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation
- Tyreek Hill: From Jardine Stadium on Friday to the record books on Sunday