Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Mayor Dawn Tuten presided over the ceremony to rename the Broxton Library as the Charles Ingram Library in honor of all of Ingram’s lifelong dedicated service to the community.
Mayor Pro-Tem Jimmy Day Littleton and Councilman Carlos Wilkerson were in attendance, and Mayor Pro-Tem Jimmy Day Littleton addressed those in attendance and discussed how pleased the City of Broxton City Council was to honor Mr. Ingram. Mr. Ingram had several family members in attendance for the ceremony. The Broxton City Council voted unanimously to approve the renaming of the Broxton Library as a way to honor Mr. Charles Ingram.
Mr. Charles Ingram served as a teacher and administrator for more than 30 years, including being principal of the Broxton-Mary Hayes Elementary School. Mr. Ingram epitomizes the kind of leadership that the community has needed over his time of service through education. Many people today may not realize all of the ways that Mr. Ingram helped his communities during the fifties.
In a time when many parents could not read or write, Mr. Ingram was a resource for the community. He would read letters and write replies for those who needed his help. He gathered vegetables during the summer so that his students would have food to eat during the school year, because at that time, the Board of Education did not provide enough funds to run a successful school lunch program.
The Coffee County Library Board of Trustees are very pleased with the decision of the City of Broxton City Council to name the Broxton Library to honor and recognize Mr. Charles Ingram for all of his service to the community. The Broxton Library is now officially named the Charles Ingram Library.
- Broxton man jailed after allegedly falsely reporting people stalking his home
- Early voting for Douglas, Broxton elections begins October 16
- Broxton PD makes second arrest in vandalism of Barney Fife mural
- Dylan Ross begins restoring vandalized Barney Fife mural
- Frank Veazey calls it a career after 60 years of fighting fires
Latest from Submitted
- Christmas parade rescheduled for Friday, December 8 at 7pm
- COUNTRY Financial supports school system with An Operation Helping Heroes Donation
- A fresh brew: SGSC welcomes Starbucks to campus
- Here are the rules and guidelines for this weekend's Christmas parade
- Veterans Park Committee to host Pearl Harbor Day remembrance ceremony