Operation Sandy Bottom defendants continued to roll into federal court last week at the United States District Court of the Southern District of Georgia in Waycross.
The following defendants made their initial appearance in front of a federal magistrate judge for formal arraignments on their charges pertaining to their suspected criminal roles in this investigation. Some defendants were incarcerated at the time the investigation began and allegedly played a significant role as they served time. Others found themselves in custody on unrelated charges after their alleged conspiracy conduct and others were arrested during the investigation from incidents stemming from the case. All were in custody when a federal grand jury indicted 48 members of this drug trafficking organization. Due to their incarceration status and charges, none of these defendants qualified for any bond hearings.
Jackie Kavaskia McMillan, aka Bijay, 40, of Douglas, is currently serving time for a 2002 murder conviction in Coffee County.
Micah Jason Ivey, aka Scorpio, 44, of Tifton, is currently serving time for armed robbery, burglary, kidnapping and possession of firearm during the commission of a crime.
Anthony Quashawn Killiebrew, aka Luk, 25, of Douglas, is currently serving time for violating his state probation (robbery by intimidation) by receiving new charges unrelated to this case.
Ronnie Dale Moore, aka Guap, 36, of Douglas, is currently serving time for violating his state probation (possession of cocaine) by receiving new drug charges related to this case.
Micheal Latrella Scott, aka Mike G, 35, of Tifton, is currently serving time for several burglaries.
Nathan Fabron Irving aka Nate, 24, of Forsyth, is currently serving time for violating parole (burglaries) by receiving new felony drug and firearms charges.
Makarosi Maurice Walker, aka Jazz, 26, of Douglas, is currently serving time for violating state probation (robbery by intimidation, burglaries) by receiving new felony drug and gun charges in related to this case.
Chrisopher Downing Stone, 32, of Douglas, is currently serving time for violating his probation (possession of meth) for receiving new felony drug charges related to this case.
Zackery Brian Rodrigues, 29, of Folkston, is currently serving time for violating his probation (possession with intent to distribute meth) for receiving new drug charges related to this case.
The indictment was unsealed earlier this year when the Federal Bureau of Investigation and over 200 law enforcement officers descended into Coffee and surrounding counties during a massive takedown, which is now known as the largest takedown in Coffee County history.
- Christmas parade is this weekend, here are the rules
- Judge sentences Justin Anderson to 18 months confinement in connection with Vann Brown's death
- Douglas woman arrested on shoplifting, drug possession charges after allegedly stealing shoes
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Migrant women endured medical mistreatment at Georgia ICE facility, U.S. Senate report finds
- DPD makes arrest in golf club thefts
- Douglas native one of 17 alleged gang members charged in Barrow County