Last week’s federal drug trafficking operation in Coffee and surrounding counties, dubbed Operation Sandy Bottom, resulted in the arrests of 28 suspected drug traffickers. It has been called the Southern District’s most successful illegal drug investigation.
Among those arrested were some of the alleged biggest suppliers of a variety of illegal drugs in the area. Four individuals, the photos of whom can be seen above, remain at large: Marquis Jacques, Leo Lee Vonza Pender, Antion Dewayne Byrd, and James Lamar McGinty. One suspect, Gloria Jean Vickers, is hospitalized with COVID-19 in a Middle Georgia facility. She will be taken into custody once her condition improves.
Of those arrested last Tuesday, the following were denied bond:
These individuals were granted bond and released:
All have certain conditions with their bonds, including but not limited to ankle monitors, house detention, random drug tests, and having no contact with specified individuals.
The following detainees are scheduled for bond hearings Tuesday and Wednesday of this week:
If anyone has any information regarding the wanted subjects, please contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227, the TIPS Line at (912) 383-8477, the Douglas Police Department at (912) 384-2222, or case agents Scott Sapp at (912) 222-3511 or Jesse Martinez at (912) 381-1664.
- Drug officers arrest two on possession, trafficking charges
- Prison sentences for drug trafficker, two ex-prison guards wrap Sandy Bottom conspiracy
- Jeff Davis County officers round up suspects on variety of charges
- South Georgia physician sentenced to prison after admitting conspiracy to illegally distribute drugs
- Two arrested for exploitation and intimidation of a disabled adult or elderly person
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Migrant women endured medical mistreatment at Georgia ICE facility, U.S. Senate report finds
- DPD makes arrest in golf club thefts
- Douglas native one of 17 alleged gang members charged in Barrow County