On December 4, 2020 Coffee County deputies were dispatched to meet a complaint in reference to an alleged child molestation. Deputies notified the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office on call CID detective.
An investigation was opened and as a result of that investigation, detectives arrested Daniel Hernandez, 36, of Nicholls, GA and charged him with child molestation. Hernandez appeared before the Magistrate Judge for his first appearance bond hearing and was denied bond.
- Board of Elections accepts employee resignations, election office temporarily closed
- County closes portion of Cherokee Road, recognizes retirees
- Douglas man arrested after officers observe alleged drug deal
- Douglas man jailed after allegedly striking a woman with a baseball bat
- Dairy Queen changes hands, Lyon Management purchases from Adams/Spell families