A Broxton resident has been charged with two counts of theft following an investigation by deputies.
On October 29, 2020 Coffee County deputies responded to a residence on Mayberry Lane in reference to a theft. A report was written by the deputy and later forwarded to the Criminal Investigation Division for further investigation.
As a result of that investigation Kayla Smith, 34, of Broxton, was arrested on November 23, 2020 and charged with Theft by Taking and Theft by Deception. Smith made her first bond appearance before the Magistrate Judge and was granted a bond. Smith is currently out on bond awaiting future court appearances.
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Man taken back to jail two days after being released on bond