Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Due to an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases at Coffee High School, the Coffee County School System has cancelled on-site classes at CHS until after the Thanksgiving holidays. The last day of classes is Thursday, November 12, 2020. Classes at the high school will resume on Monday, November 30, 2020. Students will "attend" classes virtually next week.
At this time, no other schools in the system will be closed.
The school system released the following statement on its Facebook page about 4 p.m. Thursday:
“Due to an increase in the number of positive COVID-19 cases and exposures among students and staff at Coffee High School, the school will close at the end of the school day today (Thursday, November 12, 2020). This school closure will prevent further spread among staff and students. The school will remain closed on Friday, November 13 for deep cleaning and sanitizing. Classes will resume using distance education via Google Classroom on Monday, November 16 and continue throughout the week of November 16-20. Students will not report to campus for classes next week. We plan to resume on-campus classes on Monday, November 30.
“Chromebooks will be available for pickup at CHS Monday, November 16 for those who have WiFi access and need to borrow one in order to participate in distance learning. The Chromebook pickup schedule will be:
“Coffee High students and parents will receive more specific details from the school administration and faculty.
“The closing of Coffee High School is a precaution as the school system works to ensure in-person learning can continue in other schools. The community at large is encouraged to work together: stay home when you’re sick; get tested if you’re symptomatic; report your child’s positive test to their school; if you are directed to quarantine, follow the instructions and limit interaction with non-family members, socially distance and wear a mask when in public.”
- Trojans head into state title game as six-point favorites
- Coffee beats Cartersville for 14th win, headed to the state title game
- Freshman Trojans made their own history with undefeated season
- Garrett pleads guilty, sentenced to probation
- For the third time in four years, Coffee faces Cartersville on the road in the postseason
Latest from Staff Reports
- Officials make arrest in connection with July 4 fire at Liquidation Market
- Check out Revive's daily deals in December
- Deputy stops vehicle for no headlights, finds suspected meth
- Suspicious vehicle on side of the road leads to arrest on drug, gun charges
- Bullets fly in Coffee County on November 28: Two shootings reported three hours apart