On Wednesday, October 7, 2020, the GBI secured a felony murder arrest warrant for Savionte Torek Traylor, 18, of Douglas, in connection to the death of Ja’rique Johan Brown, that occurred on Monday, October 5.
Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of Savionte Traylor is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227 or the GBI Regional Office in Douglas, GA at (912) 389-4103.
Tuesday, agents arrested a juvenile and charged him with one count of felony murder. The juvenile was transported to the Waycross Youth Detention Center in Waycross, Georgia.
This investigation is ongoing.
- Two-year City Hall renovation to begin soon, city offices to be relocated
- County officials take their oaths of office
- Local drug investigation indicts 48 defendants for conspiracy, including three prison guards
- Casey Wright named fire chief
- City to begin work on water line, Evergreen Avenue construction