Tuesday afternoon, Dr. Steve Anderson of Douglas was taken into custody after agents from the Drug Enforcement Agency, Internal Revenue Service, Georgia Bureau of Investigation, Jeff Davis County Sheriff’s Office, and Douglas Police Department conducted an all-day investigation at his home and offices.
Late Tuesday afternoon, officers transported Dr. Anderson to the Coffee County Jail. The exact charges Dr. Anderson is being held on have not been released. However, the charges involve alleged violations of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act. Likewise, officers have not announced what they were looking for or what they found during the investigation.
Dr. Anderson was placed on a 48-hour hold at the jail. Charges are expected to be announced Wednesday morning. His offices have been closed until further notice.
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Convicted felon back in jail on firearm possession charges
- City to hold 12 open house dates for World War II barracks
- 37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept
Latest from Robert Preston
- Linebacker Larry Daniel named First Team All State, six others receive Honorable Mention
- Tyreek Hill makes seventh consecutive Pro Bowl
- Former Trojan Maurice Turner torches Cincinnati Bearcats in Wasabi Fenway Bowl
- CHS junior selected to represent the US at international weightlifting competition
- McDuffie named Region Player of the Year, 11 other Trojans make All Region 1st Team