According to a statement posted by Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson, James Mitchell Metts, 32, an escaped inmate from the Bacon County Jail in Alma, has been captured in Telfair County.
Telfair County authorities captured Metts Tuesday night after a short foot chase. Coffee County K9 units and officers from the Georgia Department of Corrections assisted in apprehending Metts, who had escaped from the Bacon County Jail Sunday morning. He allegedly stole an Audi A4 soon after escaping. The car was recovered in Telfair County a little later.
- Alleged car thief leads officers on chase through Bacon, Coffee counties
- One charged with trafficking methamphetamine in Bacon County
- Telfair County woman sentenced to federal prison for COVID-19 fraud
- Child found, alleged kidnapper found after Amber Alert goes out for Coffee County
- Prison guard charged with accepting bribes to allow inmate to receive smuggled items
Latest from Robert Preston
- Linebacker Larry Daniel named First Team All State, six others receive Honorable Mention
- Tyreek Hill makes seventh consecutive Pro Bowl
- Former Trojan Maurice Turner torches Cincinnati Bearcats in Wasabi Fenway Bowl
- CHS junior selected to represent the US at international weightlifting competition
- McDuffie named Region Player of the Year, 11 other Trojans make All Region 1st Team