Crop duster crashes in Atkinson County, pilot survives
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A crop duster crashed near Willacoochee Friday morning, injuring the pilot and leaving 231 residents without power.
According to witnesses, the plane clipped power lines near Talmadge McKinnon Road in Atkinson County, not far from Willacoochee. The plane tumbled to the earth, leaving debris in trees and across a large swath of ground. The pilot was taken to Coffee Regional Medical Center and then transported via Air-Evac to Savannah for further treatment. He suffered visible injuries but was stable.
As a result of the accident, 231 Satilla REA customers in the area don’t have power. There is no word as to when power will be restored. Authorities are investigating the crash. The pilot’s name has not been released.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Sidewalk clash on Peterson Avenue sends two to jail, one to the hospital
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- Kendrick Mizell's murder trial scheduled to begin Monday
- David Spivey arrested, charged with embracery in connection with jury tampering allegations in Anderson trial