A crop duster crashed near Willacoochee Friday morning, injuring the pilot and leaving 231 residents without power.
According to witnesses, the plane clipped power lines near Talmadge McKinnon Road in Atkinson County, not far from Willacoochee. The plane tumbled to the earth, leaving debris in trees and across a large swath of ground. The pilot was taken to Coffee Regional Medical Center and then transported via Air-Evac to Savannah for further treatment. He suffered visible injuries but was stable.
As a result of the accident, 231 Satilla REA customers in the area don’t have power. There is no word as to when power will be restored. Authorities are investigating the crash. The pilot’s name has not been released.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans fall 56-28 to Cartersville Purple Hurricanes, finish with 10-3 record
- Trojans take down Decatur Bulldogs 51-23 in second round
- Trojans break the Mustangs 34-6 in first round, head to Decatur next week
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation
- Tyreek Hill: From Jardine Stadium on Friday to the record books on Sunday