Tuesday night, two individuals were shot at a residence on South Gaskin Avenue, according to the Douglas Police Department.
The shootings took place around 10 p.m. Both victims were transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries; each had been shot in the legs. One victim was treated and released. The other was treated then taken to the Ben Hill County Detention Center on an unrelated warrant through the Ben Hill County Sheriff’s Office.
The incident remains under investigation and no other details can be released. Detectives are following up on information and no other arrests have been made. If anyone has any information regarding this incident, please contact the Douglas Police Department Criminal Investigations Unit at (912) 382-2222 or the Tip Line at (912) 260-3600.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Buddy Nobles, Irwin County High head football coach, has died
- Armed robbery attempt at McDonald's lands three in jail
- No matter who wins, a former Trojan will earn a Super Bowl ring in Miami
- Video: Good Samaritans rescue child found on busy highway
- Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs headed to the Super Bowl