Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
No contract/deposits for maintenance or construction
Clearwater pools on Facebook
Ask about Customizable maintenance plans *
The Douglas Police Department has arrested and charged Norris Keyon Moffett of Douglas with one count of aggravated cruelty to animals after he allegedly shot a kitten in the face with a flare gun. Moffett was booked into the Coffee County Jail following his arrest.
According to a Facebook post by Coffee Cause for Paws, the incident happened on Saturday, Aug. 17. Here is the Facebook post describing the incident:
“Monsters aren’t real, but humans are.
“Today, we received a call for help. This beautiful five-week old kitten had been shot in the face with a flare gun. Why? Because evil doers exist in our community. Officers with Douglas Police Department were able to quickly identify the offender and he was arrested and charged with Aggravated Animal Cruelty.
“CCFP have named him Simba. He has faced evil and survived and will banish his enemies. He is our miniature Lion King!
“Simba is currently under veterinary care at Lindsey and Wills Animal Hospital. Simba will lose an eye, but he is expected to make a complete recovery. He will rise above and conquer!”
Monday, Aug. 19, CCFP posted an update on Simba. Here is the update:
“CCFP would like to express a very thankful message to all of our supporters! You ALL are the reason we are able to make a difference in so many innocent lives!
“Simba is so much better! He is a miracle! His eye socket is still swollen and Dr. Daniel Wills does not recommend surgery on such a young kitten. Anesthesia can be tough on a five-week old kitten. We will monitor the eye and provide eye drops as needed. Simba will be going to his wonderful foster today!
“The Douglas Police Department will be doing a press release on the offender.
“And always remember, saving one animal won’t change the world, but for that one animal, their world will change forever.”
- Charges against 17 year old dropped in Burger King debit card investigation
- 38-year-old arrested on aggravated assault charges after allegedly attempting to hit another with his vehicle
- One suspect wanted, another jailed on aggravated assault charges after fight on Coweta Avenue
- Officer discovers alleged illegal drugs during traffic stop, driver jailed then released
- DPD officers arrest 'Chris Rock' Jackson for fourth time since August of last year
Latest from Staff Reports
- Missing person found deceased on Thursday
- Officers searching for missing elderly female
- SGSC's Dixon finishes first in men's race, Uribe second in women's race at Fort Valley State
- Broxton PD makes arrest in connection with Barney Fife mural vandalism
- Brown, Carter lead Trojans in win over Bolles Bulldogs