The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is spearheading an investigation into a shooting that took place in the Oak Park community Saturday night.
On Saturday, August 3, 2019, at approximately 7:50 p.m., the Coffee County Sheriff’s Department was dispatched to shots fired at 369 Poplar Street. Officers arrived on the scene and found an abandoned vehicle that had been wrecked nearby. Officers were then dispatched to a nearby convenience store where they encountered Michael Jerome Williams, 21, suffering from a gunshot wound. EMTs transported Williams to Coffee Regional Medical Center for treatment.
The sheriff’s department asked the GBI to assist with the investigation, which remains active and ongoing. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Department at (912) 384-4227 or the GBI Douglas office at (912) 389-4103.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Nicholls High graduate named Director of Agricultural Education, FFA Board Chair and National FFA Advisor
- Alleged thief tries to return stolen computer to store, gets arrested
- Coffee High graduate charged with killing parents in Florida
- GBI investigates in-custody death at the Coffee County Jail
- SGSC coach named Coach of Year, eight Hawks make All-Region