Only 187 residents of District 5 out of over 4,900 registered voters have cast ballots in the district’s special county commission election. There is one more week of early voting before the June 18 election day.
The special election is being held to fill the seat of the late Charles “Scooter Bill” Deen, who passed away earlier this year. Four candidates are vying for the seat: Howard Holt, Ted O’Steen, Hal McCallum, and Jenny McIver.
Polls are open for advance voting from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday of this week at the elections office located at 224 West Ashley Street. On election day, polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in Douglas, Broxton, Ambrose, and West Green.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Tyreek Hill suffers injury in season opener, will be out several weeks
- Tyreek Hill signs contract extension, now one of highest paid receivers in NFL
- Wyatt Miller cut by New York Jets, picked up by Cincinnati Bengals
- Commissioner Olivia Pearson receives criminal trespass warning after alleged argument with Mickeayla Brockington
- Victim in stable condition, suspect apprehended following Tuesday night shooting