The District 5 county commission vacancy left by the passing of Charles “Scooter Bill” Deen will be filled with a special election, which will be held on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Qualifying will begin on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 9 a.m. and remain open until Friday, May 17, 2019 at noon. The qualifying fee is $127.17.
Advance voting will take place from Tuesday, May 28, 2019 to Friday, June 14, 2019 at 5 p.m. at the elections office on 224 West Ashley Street in Douglas. Polls will be open on election day in Douglas, Broxton, Ambrose, and West Green. Only residents of District 5 may vote in the election.
For more information, contact the Coffee County Elections Office.
- Bond hearings held in Coffee County, several released due to not being indicted within 90 days
- Early voting wraps Friday, over 5,480 local ballots cast
- Two arrested for exploitation and intimidation of a disabled adult or elderly person
- Two convicted sex offenders jailed for registration violations
- City prepares for Hurricane Ian
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans fall 56-28 to Cartersville Purple Hurricanes, finish with 10-3 record
- Trojans take down Decatur Bulldogs 51-23 in second round
- Trojans break the Mustangs 34-6 in first round, head to Decatur next week
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation
- Tyreek Hill: From Jardine Stadium on Friday to the record books on Sunday