The District 5 county commission vacancy left by the passing of Charles “Scooter Bill” Deen will be filled with a special election, which will be held on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Qualifying will begin on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 9 a.m. and remain open until Friday, May 17, 2019 at noon. The qualifying fee is $127.17.
Advance voting will take place from Tuesday, May 28, 2019 to Friday, June 14, 2019 at 5 p.m. at the elections office on 224 West Ashley Street in Douglas. Polls will be open on election day in Douglas, Broxton, Ambrose, and West Green. Only residents of District 5 may vote in the election.
For more information, contact the Coffee County Elections Office.
- Escaped inmate from Carroll County captured near Broxton
- O'Steen, Holt headed for a run-off in District 5 county commission race
- Coffee County has received over five inches of rain and it's still falling
- Only 187 have voted in District 5 election, one more week of early voting
- County hears trash collection update, buys motor grader blades
Latest from Robert Preston
- O'Steen wins District 5 county commission election
- Dollar General on Willacoochee Highway 'infested' with roaches, no food or beverage sales
- Video: Keegan McGovern homers against Visalia Rawhide in California League game
- Trojan Olympic lifters bring home national team championship, three individual medalists
- Pickup v. bicycle accident claims one life