The District 5 county commission vacancy left by the passing of Charles “Scooter Bill” Deen will be filled with a special election, which will be held on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Qualifying will begin on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 9 a.m. and remain open until Friday, May 17, 2019 at noon. The qualifying fee is $127.17.
Advance voting will take place from Tuesday, May 28, 2019 to Friday, June 14, 2019 at 5 p.m. at the elections office on 224 West Ashley Street in Douglas. Polls will be open on election day in Douglas, Broxton, Ambrose, and West Green. Only residents of District 5 may vote in the election.
For more information, contact the Coffee County Elections Office.
- Jimmy Kitchens to run for re-election for county commissioner District 2
- Johnny Wayne Jowers to run for re-election for District 4 county commission seat
- Beverly Johns to seek re-election for Probate Judge
- Judge Preston to seek fifth term as State Court Judge
- David Clarke announces candidacy for District 4 county commission seat
Latest from Robert Preston
- Two jailed following fight at youth basketball game at Central Square
- Dave and Sheila Hughes struck by vehicle turning left on Bryan Street
- MainStreet Director, wife struck by car in downtown Douglas
- Two arrested, jailed for allegedly stealing credit cards from cars
- Video: GMC Yukon fished out of creek on Highway 158 East