According to a story posted on WALB.com, a Coffee County man drowned in the Alapaha River Wednesday afternoon.
The story states that Derrick Colson, 40, of Nicholls, fell out of a boat while fishing and drowned. Colson was fishing around the bridge on Highway 319 at the Irwin and Tift county line when the accident happened. Irwin County authorities are investigating the incident.
The WALB report states that authorities suspect no foul play.
Latest from Staff Reports
- CCA Lady Patriots win state tennis championship, men's team advances to Final Four
- Three Trojans win region titles on day one of meet
- Nine troopers cleared in cheating scandal back at work, including one from Douglas
- Former South Georgia coach inducted into Hall of Fame
- South Florida deputies arrest federal fugitive from Coffee County