According to a story posted on WALB.com, a Coffee County man drowned in the Alapaha River Wednesday afternoon.
The story states that Derrick Colson, 40, of Nicholls, fell out of a boat while fishing and drowned. Colson was fishing around the bridge on Highway 319 at the Irwin and Tift county line when the accident happened. Irwin County authorities are investigating the incident.
The WALB report states that authorities suspect no foul play.
- Nicholls PD, CCSO assist authorities from Bacon and Pierce counties in burglary case
- U.S. Marshals, deputies arrest three in murders of Kristian Bell and Steven Ward
- Bodies of Kristian Bell and boyfriend found buried near Nicholls
- Traffic stop leads to manhunt near Nicholls
- U.S. Marshals apprehend Bo Dukes in Irwin County
Latest from Staff Reports
- Police make arrest after kitten shot in the face
- One-month-old girl seriously injured in domestic assault
- Funeral services for former city manager, mayor Jackie Wilson set for Saturday, August 10
- GBI investigating Saturday night shooting in Oak Park
- Coffee, ATCO, Pearson authorities solve stolen fire equipment case