The General Election will be conducted Nov. 4 from 7 am – 7. All Election Day polling sites will be open as usual for Douglas, Ambrose, Bridgetown, Broxton, Nicholls, and West Green.
The Elections Office, 224 W. Ashley St., Douglas, will be open for advance voting starting at 8:30 am, Monday, Oct. 13 and ending on Friday, Oct. 31 at 5 pm. The Elections Office will also be open Saturday, Oct. 25, from 9 am – 4 pm for advance voting.
The last day to request an absentee ballot by mail is Friday, Oct. 31, 2014 at 4 p.m. Call the Elections Office at 384-7018 if you have questions.
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 21-2-492, computation and canvassing of the General Election returns will begin on Tuesday, Nov. 4 at 7 p.m. at the Elections Office, 224 West Ashley St., Douglas and will be certified by Friday, Nov. 7.
Should a state General Election runoff be necessary, it will be conducted Dec. 2, 2014 from 7 am – 7 pm. Should a federal runoff be necessary, it will be conducted Jan. 6, 2015. All Coffee County precincts will be open.
- A cell phone and a TPO violation allegedly lead to domestic dispute, one arrest
- 16 cases on the last Superior Court trial week of the year
- Douglas man arrested for allegedly falsely reporting that people were trying to kill him and meth possession
- Five CHS students receive REACH Scholarship
- Precious Possessions presents Childhood Cancer Awareness Group with donation during Christmas tree lighting ceremony