When people find themselves in trouble, they often head to familiar surroundings. That’s what Bo Dukes did after being accused of sexual assault last week. And the U.S. Marshals were waiting for him.
Authorities, including the Marshals, were looking for Dukes, accused of helping conceal the 2005 death of Ocilla school teacher Tara Grinstead, after he was charged with rape, aggravated sodomy, false imprisonment, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon last week. According to media reports, Dukes assaulted two women at gunpoint in Houston County on New Year’s Day.
Dukes was arrested in Irwin County on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019. Dukes had also been on the run since November after a judge revoked his probation stemming from a 2013 incident in which he was convicted of stealing $150,000 from the Army.
Dukes’s friend, Ryan Duke, has been charged with murder in the death of Tara Grinstead. That trial is set to begin this summer.
- Small Town Podcast wraps up three-episode series in Coffee County
- Broxton Mayor Dawn Tuten featured on episode of Small Town Podcast
- Sen. Tyler Harper announces bid for state agriculture commissioner
- Convicted sex offender sent back to prison for bestiality
- Irwin County Detention Center allegations: ICE, CRMC respond
Latest from Robert Preston
- Ellianos goes pink, raises money for breast cancer research
- Broxton city council accepts Mayor Dawn Tuten's resignation
- Suspect cop killer Damien Ferguson arrested
- Video: Tyreek Hill lights up social media with Pearson Community Technical College reference
- Douglas police investigating non-fatal shooting on Shirley Avenue