When people find themselves in trouble, they often head to familiar surroundings. That’s what Bo Dukes did after being accused of sexual assault last week. And the U.S. Marshals were waiting for him.
Authorities, including the Marshals, were looking for Dukes, accused of helping conceal the 2005 death of Ocilla school teacher Tara Grinstead, after he was charged with rape, aggravated sodomy, false imprisonment, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon last week. According to media reports, Dukes assaulted two women at gunpoint in Houston County on New Year’s Day.
Dukes was arrested in Irwin County on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019. Dukes had also been on the run since November after a judge revoked his probation stemming from a 2013 incident in which he was convicted of stealing $150,000 from the Army.
Dukes’s friend, Ryan Duke, has been charged with murder in the death of Tara Grinstead. That trial is set to begin this summer.
- Bo Dukes wanted on charges of sexual assault
- Summer internship sparks teen's future career
- Bacon County inmate 'mistakenly' released due to clerical error, U.S. Marshals offer reward for arrest
- UGA equipment manager, Ocilla native, arrested on suspicion of planting hidden camera in locker room
- Bo Dukes indicted, believed to have helped burn Tara Grinstead's body