Chamber/EDA launches nationwide search for president/CEO
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The leadership of the Douglas-Coffee County Economic Development Authority(EDA) recently launched a nationwide search for a president/chief executive officer to serve as the lead business location marketer for the community. The EDA works in collaboration with the Douglas-Coffee County Chamber of Commerce and in partnership with the City of Douglas and Coffee County governments to serve as the community’s driving force for new businesses, business retention and expansion.
Recent changes within the Chamber/EDA organizational structure will allow the new EDA President/CEO to focus their time on growing the economy in the community while the executive vice president of the chamber will lead efforts to support business growth in terms of education, leadership, and workforce development. “Coffee County has a strong economic base that has been built over the past 50 years,” according to Adam Smith, EDA Chairman, “and our goal is to grow the tax base and create new jobs for citizens in this region.”
Utilizing the expertise of a consulting group who specialize in executive searches for businesses and non-profits, EDA leadership established stringent parameters for the selection process for highly qualified candidates for the position. EDA President/CEO candidates must have a clear understanding of successful economic development programs, excellent marketing and communication skills, a minimum of five years of management experience as well as executive and strategic leadership experience in economic and/or community development.
Other requirements include a bachelor’s degree, ideally MBA or other post-graduate work in business, marketing, economic development or a similar field from an accredited college. Equivalent employment experience may also be considered. If the selected individual is not a resident of Coffee County, he/she is expected to live in Coffee County within 90 days of employment and obtain permanent residence within one year.
- Chamber holds ribbon cutting for Knollwood Tire & Wheel’s second location
- RW Griffin receives Industry Partner of the Year, Liddell Greenway accepts Jackie Wilson Women in Leadership Award at annual Chamber event
- Eggs & Issues set for Thursday morning
- Douglas-Coffee County Chamber, EDA Name Matt Seale CEO
- Christmas parade is this weekend, here are the rules
Latest from Submitted
- SGSC professor’s reference book makes best new Journalism/New Technical Writing books list
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- SGSC announces Spring 2023 academic honors lists
- City to end recycling program on August 1
- Gov. Kemp: Home manufacturer ADMARES to create over 1,400 jobs in Ware County