Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Monday morning, the county commission voted to close a portion of a road in southern Coffee County and approved air conditioning renovations to the courthouse.
Calvin Sears had petitioned the county to close a section of Oakbend Trail, located off Waldron Road. The county had sent notices to those who lived on the road and had advertised the petition properly. Before the county commission voted, they opened a public hearing for the matter. No one spoke in opposition. Oakbend Trail leads to a dead end; Sears is the only landowner on the 1,376-foot section he petitioned be closed. With no opposition, the county unanimously voted to close the road.
Commissioners also voted to replace the HVAC system in the courthouse, which is a part of a larger courthouse renovation project that will begin this year. Three companies submitted bids: Pruitt Air Conditioning of Eastman ($900,000), Conley Sheet Metal of Waycross ($1.09 million), and Albany Air of Albany ($915,421). The commission voted to award the project to Pruitt Air Conditioning.
The commission also voted to appoint Morris Smith Jr. to the Southeast Georgia EMS Council and to set the qualifying fees for upcoming county elections. The fees are $127.17 for county commission candidates, $275.40 for board of education candidates, and $2,250 for solicitor candidates.
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Group of Coffee County's tree lighting ceremony: The beginning of the Christmas season
- County receives good audit report, hears first reading of ordinances related to solar panels
- County rolls back millage rate, names Bobby Tanner to elections board
- Courthouse suffers electrical issue, closed for the rest of the day
- County recognizes Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, hears pair of re-zoning request
Latest from Robert Preston
- Tyreek Hill makes case as first wide receiver to win NFL MVP
- Coffee beats Cartersville for 14th win, headed to the state title game
- For the third time in four years, Coffee faces Cartersville on the road in the postseason
- Lucky number 13: Trojans improve to 13-0 with 30-0 win over Cass Colonels in quarterfinals
- Susan Latan Weeks, 75