A driver from Atkinson and Griffin Warehouse in Broxton took a wild ride Tuesday morning as he attempted a turn from Highway 32 West on to Alvin Vickers Road.
The truck was traveling east on 32 toward Douglas, presumably after coming through Ambrose and turning left on 32. As the driver, who was hauling fertilizer, turned left on Alvin Vickers Road, the load in the already top heavy truck shifted, causing the driver to lose control. The truck went into the ditch and spun around, facing west, as it flipped up on its nose.
EMS transported the driver, who has not been identified, to Coffee Regional Medical Center. He sustained minor injuries in the crash. The Georgia State Patrol and Coffee County Sheriff’s Office investigated the scene. American Truck Parts of Douglas moved the spreader truck.
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Man taken back to jail two days after being released on bond
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans fall 56-28 to Cartersville Purple Hurricanes, finish with 10-3 record
- Trojans take down Decatur Bulldogs 51-23 in second round
- Trojans break the Mustangs 34-6 in first round, head to Decatur next week
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation
- Tyreek Hill: From Jardine Stadium on Friday to the record books on Sunday