A man wanted by Florida law enforcement for kidnapping and other multiple felony charges was captured Wednesday in Coffee County.
Coffee County sheriff's authorities and the U.S. Marshal's Service located 26-year-old Columbus Mizell, Jr. at a residence off Brooks Ave. in Douglas, where he was taken into custody. Mizell, who has ties to the Coffee County area, was wanted by the Leon County Sheriff's Office (Fl.) on charges of obstructing justice, aggravated battery, kidnapping, false imprisonment and theft.
Mizell is currently incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail awaiting extradition to Florida.
- Grand Jury hands down over 30 indictments
- Convicted drug dealer back in jail for same offense
- Community Foundation scholarship applications available, deadline is March 15
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas