A man wanted by Florida law enforcement for kidnapping and other multiple felony charges was captured Wednesday in Coffee County.
Coffee County sheriff's authorities and the U.S. Marshal's Service located 26-year-old Columbus Mizell, Jr. at a residence off Brooks Ave. in Douglas, where he was taken into custody. Mizell, who has ties to the Coffee County area, was wanted by the Leon County Sheriff's Office (Fl.) on charges of obstructing justice, aggravated battery, kidnapping, false imprisonment and theft.
Mizell is currently incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail awaiting extradition to Florida.
- Burch to stand trial Tuesday on aggravated assault charge
- Raffensperger to replace Coffee County election equipment, end distraction for local election officials
- DFD: Fire won't wait, plan your escape
- CCA senior, local photographer land magazine cover
- Erin Robinson throws two no hitters as Lady Trojans go 2-1 for the week