Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
DouglasNow is your local news source!
A 19-year-old Douglas man is behind bars after allegedly beating and strangling his 17-year-girlfriend over a cell phone.
According to a report obtained from the Coffee County Sheriff's Office, Victor Hugo Oliva, 19, of a Whispering Pines address, attacked his girlfriend while she was driving her car on Baker Highway. The report states that the argument began over the girlfriend's cell phone. She wouldn't give Oliva the password to her phone and, as the report states, he became aggressive. Oliva then hit her in the face with his elbow, according to the report.
She then stopped the car in Shear Madness Hair Salon, where Oliva allegedly continued assaulting her. The report states that Oliva grabbed her hair slammed her head onto the console of the car. He then allegedly began strangling her.
The girlfriend reported the incident after it happened and showed deputies pictures of her face and neck that were taken shortly after the incident. She also presented the shirt she was wearing at the time, which had blood on it. Family members told DouglasNow.com that about a week before this incident, Oliva had destroyed her phone for the same reason.
As a result of the incident, deputies arrested Oliva on aggravated assault charges. He was then taken to the Coffee County Jail.
Talk directly to Douglas locals when you advertise with DouglasNow!
- Suspicious vehicle on side of the road leads to arrest on drug, gun charges
- Chamber recognizes 2023 Leadership Coffee class
- Wiregrass honors Radiologic Technology students with award ceremony
- Youth Council learns benefits of joining military, importance of adoption
- Bullets fly in Coffee County on November 28: Two shootings reported three hours apart
Latest from Robert Preston
- Tyreek Hill makes case as first wide receiver to win NFL MVP
- Coffee beats Cartersville for 14th win, headed to the state title game
- For the third time in four years, Coffee faces Cartersville on the road in the postseason
- Lucky number 13: Trojans improve to 13-0 with 30-0 win over Cass Colonels in quarterfinals
- Susan Latan Weeks, 75
Login to post comments