Friday evening, September 29, the Alma Police Department arrested Lynn Harris Adams, 45 of Alma, for criminal trespass, simple battery, and cruelty to children in the first degree. Adams’ arrest followed a 911 call to a home on Townsend Lane. Adams reportedly attempted to remove a medical device from a child at the location, and refused to leave after repeated requests by the residents.
During the early morning hours of Saturday, September 30, APD stopped a vehicle on N. Dixson St. for inoperable taillights. During the stop, officers discovered the driver, Nehemiah Brown, 26 of Alma, was driving with a suspended driver’s license. Officers also discovered marijuana, cocaine and a firearm. Brown was arrested for driving with a suspended driver’s license, operating an unsafe vehicle, misdemeanor possession of marijuana, possession of cocaine and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
Later Saturday morning, September 30, APD arrested John Riley Waters, 38 of Alma, for possession of a schedule III controlled substance. Waters’ arrest followed a 911 call regarding a person in a residential area reportedly yielding a knife. After officers disarmed Waters, officers discovered a vial upon Waters’ containing anabolic steroids.
John Riley Waters
- Three arrested after alleged failed burglary attempt
- First a sandwich, now headphones: Misplaced AirPods lead to alleged fight between family members
- Smith Jr. pleads guilty to 2018 vehicular homicide, drug charges
- Ambrose woman charged after allegedly stealing, distributing medication
- Douglas man pleads guilty for shooting kitten with flare gun