According to a report filed by WMAZ of Macon, Bo Dukes has been arrested and charged with helping Ryan Duke (no relation), who is already in custody after being charged with the murder of missing Irwin County teacher Tara Grinstead, of helping “conceal and destroy” Grinstead’s body.
Grinstead disappeared in October of 2005. Until last week, there were no major breaks in the case.
WMAZ reported that Dukes was booked into the Irwin County Jail for concealing a death, hindering the apprehension of a criminal, and tampering with evidence.
This week, the GBI has been searching a pecan orchard in Ben Hill County, presumably for Grinstead’s remains. WMAZ also reported that Dukes is related to the owner of that same pecan grove. Per other news reports, the GBI hasn’t said exactly what agents found, only that they found “evidence” pertaining to the case.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Complaint against Irwin County Detention Center alleges poor COVID-19 protocols, non-consenual hysterectomies
- Nicholls man drowns while fishing
- Jury finds Bo Dukes guilty on four counts related to Grinstead murder
- Trial of Bo Dukes, accused of lying to GBI and helping burn Tara Grinstead's body, began today
- U.S. Marshals apprehend Bo Dukes in Irwin County